CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween and quilting



I finished my Halloween girl this morning though I'll be finishing her into a wall hanging this weekend, I bought some really nice fabric and orange beads that go perfect with this design.




I also worked a bit on a new applique quilt that I'm doing, Holstein Ahead by Pine Needles. I do still need to figure out what green fabric to use for the grass, hills and tree leaves but a quick visit to my local fabric store should solve that problem. I've got seven different green fabrics but they don't see to work well together. The smaller details, mainly the fence and smaller shrubs, I may embroider on as the pieces of fabric may be too small to effectively sew on.


This pattern is from the same series as Outstanding in his Field. Both quilts and the wall hanging will hopefully be worked on and finished this weekend as I'll have access to my mom's now fixed sewing machine.
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment